Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Thank You Letter

Dear Mrs. G,

Thank you for letting me go to the Big Apple Circus on your car. I had lots of fun playing with Eddie and Rain on the way there. When we got there the funny clown made me laugh, and the man who did those tricks with the big bowl was very interesting. The jugglers did so many exciting tricks, that I almost jumped out of my chair, and when those gymnasts were doing those tumbling, I almost could not believe it. During that whole performance, I sat, watched, and did not see anything other than the show. This never would have happened without you.

Sincerely,

Awesome Purple Pear

5/26/2009

4 comments:

  1. I like your last sentence. It's much better than saying "thank you." Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Purple Pear,
    It is very nice letter to someone who gave a ride. I wish that I would have an opportunity to give your a ride someday. I will have a wonderful time with your smart girl. It is very nice writing. Keep it up.
    Blue Aunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to see this circus, Angie! Perhaps you could write a story or poem about the gymnasts, specifically. What did they look like as they were tumbling? What were they doing? You can make your reader feel like they were at the circus with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one fine thank you letter. I especially like the last sentence: "This never would have happened without you." this is a genuine and clever way of saying "thank you", it's a much better way of saying "thank you", I love it.

    ReplyDelete