
8/12/1492
Today, while sailing on Santo Maria, I was feeling stubborn. I was stubborn, because Christopher was saying that we had to keep sailing because he knew that we were close to land. The other crew members and I kept on telling him that we did not want to go farther.
Then, I saw...land. All of us cheered as in the people on the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria. Christopher Columbus calmed us down gradually, and shouted as loud as he could, "See, I told you I knew we were close!" That made us silent. I knew in their other people's heads that they were regretting that they wanted to head back. I was, too. Talking, and whispering started gradually and it grew louder. I still thought it really and truly was a magical miracle to find new land.
Later in the day, we were there in Eastern Asian! (At least I thought we were in Eastern Asian.) We had cheered again, when we first walked on land. We were very excited. All of us got our own packages and hurried to get settled in.
2/22/2010
Good story! Now I can picture the day when Christopher found the new land.
ReplyDeleteAunt Red
So is earth round or flat? That is a relative question, it is flat on the map.
ReplyDelete