On Wednesday September 30, 2009 the elementary class went to Great Country Fram to learn about pumpkins, pick one pumpkin, bounce on a giant trampoline, and play in a playground.
We learned that the seeds were white and sprouted into flowers. Then, they would close up and start growing green. As they get bigger they turned orange. Now they are all big and fat. The class went on a hayride to the pumpkin patch. I picked a small pumpkin. It was the color of a basketball and the size and the shape of an avocado. Chloe’s pumpkin was clean and tiny. We all got back on the hay truck. Farmer Dan drove us back. We set our pumpkins near the fence and got a bottle of animal food. Our class fed the animals.
All of us ran to the trampoline. I did kartwheels and handstands. We bounced high and low. I got tired and decided to rest. Then half of the class (including me) walked to the playground. We played on the slide, the rope maze, and the yellow go-carts.
After that we watched a pig race. The show was called "America’s Got Pigs". At first, the famer told a girl on the left side to help their side cheer for Elvis. He told a guy on the right side to cheer for Elvis, too. Elvis is the name of a pig. We all cheered for Elvis. Then, I thought that she was welcoming one of the pigs in the pig race. I saw a big, fat, pink, hairy pig come out. The famer told famer Dan to kiss Elvis. We cheered, so finally he kissed Elvis. Next three little pigs came out. David Porcheleata, Hanna Montana, and Kevin Bacon were racing. David had black spots and was white. Kevin and Hannah were pink. They run half way, stopped, turned around, walked a bit, turned around again and ran to the end. That’s how the show ended.
We walked back to the car. Mrs. F drove Tam, Nana, Rena, and me back to school. I felt great. It was the best field trip ever! I hope I will have another field trip like this.
10/15/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Angie, I love the description of your pumpkin! Keep up the creative writing! :)
ReplyDeleteDear Purple Pear,
ReplyDeleteThis field trip sounds fun. I like the pumpkin picking part. The pig race is very funny!
Aunt Red
"America’s Got Pigs", that is funny!
ReplyDelete