Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holiday Story (taking the perspective of a snowman)



It is December 24 – I am a snowman on the Star family’s deck. I am sitting in a layer of thick snow (with no arms, yet). You see, it all started this morning…

Angelica Star – a preschooler, rolled up sparkling snow for my head. Alisson Star is a responsible third grader. Alisson helped by rolling my head until it was circular. Ariana Star rolled a snow oval for my body. It felt smoothing as they smoothed me out.

After they made me, Ariana – a teenager – carried me to the top of the first hill. Alisson and Angelica slid down the second hill one last time. Zoom! Alisson started up the first hill. When she and Ariana looked back Angelica was holding out her arms, shouting, “Hold me! Hold me!” Ariana put me down and went back to carry Angelica.

I thought “Oh no! They might not take me with them. I do not want anyone else to take me.” After all, they all had walked quite a long distance from me. Then Ariana walked back, and picked me up. “Yay!” I thought, “I am going with them.”

When we got back, Ariana put me in the center of their deck. Next, Ariana put two, purple grapes on my head for eyes, a green crayon for my nose, and for my mouth some grass. All the grass on me formed a smile. What about the arms? I told you I do not have arms yet. I wore a brown cowboy hat, too.

Now, it is Christmas Eve. I hope the Star family will get presents from Santa. I also hope – whoops! Here come my stick arms. I also hope Santa’s flying reindeer do not land on me. I will get squished. Happy Christmas, everyone!

Author says : I hope you enjoying my story. I also hope you can make a snowman! Under/Tapped to this page you can see a picture of “me” in the story. And again Merry Merry Christmas!

12/15/2009

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this story. This is a great Christmas story. I like this part "Now, it is Christmas Eve. I hope the Star family will get presents from Santa. I also hope – whoops! Here come my stick arms. I also hope Santa’s flying reindeer do not land on me. I will get squished. Happy Christmas, everyone!"

    Aunt Red

    ReplyDelete